If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse and wants support & advice, Inverness Women’s Aid Provides…
- Individual, tailored one-to-one support and advice from trained, professional staff with a wide range of experience and skills
- Outreach service in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey
- Family, Children & Young People’s support
- Supported accommodation for women who need somewhere safe & supportive to live while they find permanent housing
- Access to advice, information and support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Support to get advice about legal issues, housing, benefits, finances/ budgeting, rights and safety issues and health & social matters.
- Discreet, safe and confidential service
- Group work and mutual support from women experiencing similar problems
At Inverness Women’s Aid, we believe in...
- supporting our clients to become truly re-empowered and independent as survivors of domestic abuse
- providing effective & innovative support based on a strong ethos which promotes equality and justice
- treating women, children & young people with dignity and respect
- listening to them without prejudice or judgement
- working in partnership with other professionals to assist clients and to improve their safety
We offer an outreach service to women, children and young people living out in the community. Our team of Support Workers support clients with finding help with legal issues, money & benefits, housing. We also help clients attend Court & Children’s Reporters proceedings. They also give much needed emotional support.
Supported Refuge Accommodation
If clients need accommodation for safety reasons or while they wait to move to alternative housing, we have 2 & 3 bedroom flats and bedsits within our centre in Inverness. The flats are homely and comfortable for families with essential facilities such as a laundry room, communal lounge and playroom.